Skincare is important for many reasons, including:
- Your skin is a protective barrier, and it needs nourishment just like the rest of your body
- Nourished, healthy skin keeps infectious materials outside of your body
- The right products and routine promote fresh, rested, vibrant skin
- Proper skincare removes dirt, grime and buildup that leads to acne and dullness
- Skincare helps you look more youthful
- Skincare supports the quality of your cosmetic surgery results
We recommend and sell a variety of leading skincare products. After meeting with you, we will recommend which products are best for your skin and describe how to work them into a daily and nightly routine.
Everyone’s skin begins to wrinkle and sag with age, partly because less collagen is produced as you grow older. The toll of years of sun exposure and environmental pollutants also contribute to aging skin. The skin also becomes thinner naturally. While skincare cannot stop these processes, it helps your skin defend itself to an extent. You’ll look more youthful with a proper routine that cleans and nourishes the cells in the epidermis and dermis.
The Right Way to Take Care of Your Skin At Home
Now is a perfect time to revamp your skincare routine and practice at-home selfcare. Here are the basics:
- Use a cleanser, moisturizer and SPF product
- Stay hydrated by drinking enough water daily
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Don’t smoke
- Wear sunscreen when you are out in the sun (a wide-brimmed hat offers additional coverage)
If you are considering a cosmetic surgical or minimally invasive procedure, skincare is a great way to prep your skin. Your tissue will be clean, nourished and ready for treatment. It’s also important to stick to your care routine after the procedure so that the results will look their best and last as long as possible.
If you live in Knoxville, Sevierville or in the surrounding region, experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Dean Kleto can help you choose a skincare option that works for your skin. To learn more, please call our practice at 865-524-2442. We customize recommendations to each patient’s needs.