Breast Augmentation Revision
Serving Knoxville, Sevierville, Knox County & nearby areas of Tennessee
A breast augmentation can be performed for a variety of reasons, but ultimately, it is a procedure intended to help you feel more confident and comfortable with the appearance of your chest. If for some reason you are unhappy with the results of your breast augmentation, whether due to changes over time or generally unsatisfactory results, our experienced plastic surgeon can help.
To find out how we can help you with your breast augmentation needs in Knoxville, call our cosmetic surgery center at (865) 366-4755 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dean Kleto.
Common Issues that Require Breast Augmentation Revision
There are a number of reasons why a woman might want to consider breast augmentation revision. Some of the most common include:
- Generally unsatisfactory results, such as an asymmetrical or uneven appearance
- A rippled, ruptured or deflated implant
- Implant visibility or palpability
- Breasts that appear to sit too high, or an implant that appears to sit on top of your natural breast
- Capsular contracture that causes a thick scar to form around the implant
- An onset of health problems
If you need a breast augmentation revision, our experienced cosmetic surgeon can assess your needs to help you determine the best course of action.
Breast Augmentation Revision Procedures
Depending on the issues you wish to address with breast augmentation revision, Dr. Kleto may recommend one of the following procedures:
- A breast implant exchange – An implant exchange can give your breasts a more symmetrical appearance and can also be used to replace a ruptured, rippled or deflated implant.
- Capsulotomy – When capsular contracture occurs or there is a need to reposition high-sitting breasts, an incision in the capsule surrounding the implant may be necessary.
- Capsulectomy – When a capsule becomes calcified, this procedure can be used to remove the entire capsule.
- Mastoplexy (breast lift) – Sometimes a breast lift can provide the necessary adjustment to improve the appearance of your breasts.
- Pocket adjustment – Often combined with capsulotomy, this procedure addresses issues with implants that appear to sag, also known as “bottoming out” of the implant.
- Areolar reduction – This procedure can help correct the appearance of overly prominent nipples.
The best way to determine how to proceed with your breast augmentation revision is to let an experienced plastic surgeon professionally assess your needs and aspirations.
To find out more about breast augmentation revision options in Knoxville, call Dr. Kleto’s plastic surgery center at (865) 366-4755 to schedule your personal consultation with our experienced breast surgeon.
- Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Breast Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Body Contouring
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
- Skin Care