For women who are unhappy with the size, shape, or symmetry of their breasts, breast augmentation can be an ideal solution. Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most commonly sought cosmetic surgery procedures and has been performed successfully for decades. When performed by a skilled and accredited breast surgeon like Dr. Kleto, the procedure can be both safe and effective.
Just like any elective medical procedure though, there are certain risks associated with breast augmentation and the best way to avoid any complications is to make sure you are a good candidate. While breast augmentation candidacy does have some general guidelines, the determination can only be made on an individual basis following a thorough consultation with an experienced breast surgeon.
Some general guidelines for candidacy include:
- Being in overall good health
- Being 18 years of age or older
- Having realistic expectations about breast augmentation
- Having a good understanding of the procedure and alternative options
- Being aware of potential risks and complications
- Being able to take time for the surgery and proper healing time
- Being a non smoker or a smoker willing to quit smoking for a period of time
During your consultation, Dr. Kleto will determine if you are a viable candidate based on your medical history, your physiology, and your aesthetic goals. If breast augmentation is not the best way to reach your goals, Dr. Kleto can recommend an alternative treatment.
To meet with an experienced Knoxville breast surgeon to determine your plastic surgery candidacy, call (865) 366-4755 today to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Kleto.