Serving Knoxville, Sevierville, Knox County & Nearby Areas of Tennessee
Choosing among the many plastic surgeons in Knoxville offering their services is tricky. Many patients don’t have medical experience, which makes the choice more stressful. Fortunately, you don’t need to be a doctor to make a good decision. A few simple questions will give you the insight you need.
Your initial consultation is a perfect opportunity for you to get to know your plastic surgeon and make sure you’re comfortable with him or her. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions you might have. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Dean Kleto, who has 25 years of experience serving the people of Knoxville, will be happy to answer all of your questions.
Here are some questions you can ask about a plastic surgeon’s experience:
- How long have you been practicing plastic surgery?
- How many times have you performed this specific plastic surgery procedure?
- Has anything ever gone wrong while performing this procedure? How did you handle it?
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
You also want to have a solid base of knowledge about the procedure you’re going to undergo:
Questions About Your Procedure
- Is this specific procedure right for me, or am I a better candidate for another procedure?
- What are my options with this procedure? What choices will we make?
- What will happen during this procedure?
- Will I require anesthesia during this procedure? Local or general?
- How soon can I return to work?
- What can I expect during recovery after plastic surgery?
- Should someone drive me to and from the procedure?
- What will I need to do to prepare for this procedure?
Questions About the Plastic Surgeon’s Practice
- How many people work in your office?
- What steps have you taken to prepare in case of a medical emergency?
- Where will the plastic surgery procedure be performed?
- Who should I talk to if I have questions?
- Who will be involved in my follow-up care?
- Do you have a before and after gallery I can look at?
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Dean Kleto will do his best at your initial consultation to answer every question and put your mind at ease. Every doctor should feel the same way. If you don’t feel comfortable with what you hear from the surgeon, keep looking until you do.
If you’re a resident of Knoxville, Tennessee looking for a skilled plastic surgeon, please contact Dean Kleto, MD, to arrange a consultation.