Serving Knoxville, Sevierville, Knox County & Nearby Areas of Tennessee
When it comes to body contouring procedures, both tummy tucks and liposuction can help you achieve a more attractive physique. Though each procedure is slimming and will help make your contours more symmetrical, they are still very unique procedures that utilize different approaches and techniques.
To learn more about tummy tuck and liposuction options in Knoxville, call 865-366-4755 today to schedule an initial consultation with our experienced plastic surgeon.
Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Differences
It is not uncommon for patients to think of tummy tucks and liposuction as the same procedure. In many cases, tummy tucks and liposuction procedures can be combined to help you achieve optimal results, however each procedure offers different benefits and targets different issues.
Tummy tucks focus on your abdominal region and are designed to:
- Remove excess abdominal skin to smooth and tone your physique
- Tighten abdominal muscles to improve your core strength and balance
Depending on your physical requirements and personal preferences, Dr. Kleto offers mini tummy tucks, complete tummy tucks and extended tummy tucks.
Alternatively, liposuction is a more versatile procedure that can be used on many areas of the body, from the face and neck to the arms and thighs. Liposuction works by:
- Removing excess fatty tissue and fat deposits
- Smoothing out abdominal regions with uneven contours
Though liposuction does remove excess fats, it is not a weight loss solution and is best suited for candidates who are already near their ideal weight.
Which Procedure is Right For Me?
Depending on your physical needs and personal goals, our experienced Knoxville plastic surgeon can help you determine which procedure is right for you.
Generally, a tummy tuck might be a good option for you if:
- You have excess skin due to significant weight loss
- You have experienced muscular abdominal changes due to pregnancy
Liposuction can be a good choice if:
- You are targeting specific areas with excess fatty tissue
- You want to eliminate stubborn fat deposits that are unresponsive to diet and exercise
The best way to determine which procedure is right for you is to let Dr. Kleto assess your needs during a private consultation.
To find out more about tummy tucks, liposuction and other body contouring options in Knoxville, contact our plastic surgery practice at 865-366-4755 to schedule a consultation today.