Board Certified Knoxville Plastic Surgeon Dr. Dean Kleto is thrilled to be able to offer his patients the services of one of the region’s top BOTOX Cosmetic and injectables providers, Cynthia St. Germain, who administers a variety of nonsurgical cosmetic procedures.
Men and women nationwide continue to seek out BOTOX Cosmetic, the most popular of the injectables, to address such issues as Crow’s feet, frown and laugh lines, and wrinkles around the eyes or forehead. And the rise in the “selfie” trend has only made BOTOX Cosmetic more popular in the last year or two, according to research conducted by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
That same study determined that the “selfie” craze has contributed to the following spikes in cosmetic surgery procedures:
- Rhinoplasty procedures increased 10 percent between 2012 and 2013.
- Hair transplants were up 7 percent in that year.
- Eyelid surgery was up 6 percent in that year.
But none of those procedures touch the ongoing and growing popularity of BOTOX Cosmetic.
Patients interested in enhancing the already refreshing look that they achieve with the assistance of such injectables might test out facial exercises and yoga that some practitioners believe can have a skin and muscle firming effect.
These “Facercises” include:
- The Eye Opener: Alternate between squeezing the eyes shut and stretching them open with your index fingers.
- The Furrow Smoother: Pull your fingers across your forehead skin.
- The Cheek Energizer: Place your fingers on your cheeks while smiling in an animated way with your lower lip and pulling your top lip against your teeth.
While there is little science to prove that facial exercises such as these are as effective as cosmetic procedures, when it comes to any exercise, it certainly can’t hurt.
If you live in or near Knoxville, Sevierville or elsewhere around Knox County, Tennessee, and are in need of a nonsurgical cosmetic procedure such as a BOTOX Cosmetic treatment, please call (865) 394-4966 to book or contact the offices of Dr. Kleto online for assistance scheduling an appointment with Cynthia St. Germain.