A recent article in The New York Times magazine draws a connection between the popularity of tummy tucks, breast augmentation surgery, BOTOX® Cosmetic and other plastic surgery and cosmetic treatments like those provided by Board Certified Knoxville Plastic Surgeon Dr. Dean Kleto, and people who want to tailor their looks to be more like their favorite celebrities.
Who are some of the Hollywood A-listers allegedly fueling this trend?
According to this article, plastic surgery patients worldwide have shown interest in acquiring:
- Kim Kardashian’s butt
- Olivia Munn’s eyes
- Scarlett Johansson’s lips
- Kate Bosworth’s chin
- Kate Middleton’s nose
Here are some of the statistics that The New York Times Magazine writers believe are linked to an obsession with celebrity beauty:
- In 2014, Americans spent roughly $2,475,908,568 on BOTOX® Cosmetic injections.
- BOTOX® treatments increased by 748 percent between 2000 and 2014.
- One in 20 American women have had cosmetic surgery.
- More than half of the Americans who have cosmetic or plastic surgery return as repeat customers.
Here in Knoxville and Sevierville, many plastic and cosmetic surgery patients tend to be less influenced by Hollywood trends and more interested in achieving the best possible version of themselves.